Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, August 18, 2011

magnets

I found these decorative metal pieces at a RS this summer and have been trying to think of what to do with them.  This is what I came up with; magnets for your frig.


You can buy these business card sized magnets at any office supply store.  Just peel off the backing paper and stick what ever you want on it.  Here I used scrapbook paper.

Smooth the paper on and then trim if necessary.  I used E6000 to add the metal pieces and hot glued the buttons and embellishments.  My friends loved them.  You can also put your contact info on them and use them as business cards that won't  get lost in a purse or wallet.   

When I use to sell custom window treatments I would put drapery fabrics and my business card info on these.  More than 10 years later I still run into people who say they have the magnet on their refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment