Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Photo or reminder cube

Remember the friend's birthday gift I was making in a previous post?  I decided to add a photo cube.
Here's what you need:

Photo cube I buy mine from Oriental Trading
Coordinating papers
Glue 
Spray sealer
Embellishments 
Paint

Paint the cube a base color if you want.  I used my spray mist.
Cut papers slightly smaller than cube.  My cube's sides were 3" so I cut the papers 21/2".  Glue to cube.
Add embellishments as you like.  I cut my friends initials to add to the sides, then added clusters of buttons to the top.  You don't need much decoration since these are so small.  Let dry and spray with sealer.

Wrap everything in tissue and pop it into a bag.
If you keep a few things like this already made up you don't have to run out and but last minute gifts.  They also make a great hostess gift especially if you know her colors, otherwise stick to neutrals.  No I didn't make the bag, but I do keep several of them
 around for just such occasions.




No comments:

Post a Comment