Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

lacy vases

 

Some times you need a small gift or want to give a friend flowers from your garden.  I try to keep a few things on hand that I can just grab in a hurry. 
Here's what you need:
.GS or TS glass vase.  You know the kind you can find for .25-$1.00
Lace or doily
Ribbon, burlap or raffia
Embellishments like flowers or buttons
Mod Podge

Wash and dry your vase.  coat the out side of the vase a small section at a time with the MP and apply your lace or doily.  Try to smooth the wrinkles so there are no lumps, but it's OK to have small gathers.  You can use straight pins to hold things in place if needed.  When the lace is applied add another coat of MP and let dry.  After every thing is dry add ribbon, flowers or embellishments as needed.  On both of these examples I cut burlap in strips and used it as my ribbon.  On the top picture I used  a piece of lace and a doily.  On the bottom I used an oval doily These look great with flowers or a candle and you can use them out side like a hurricane lamp.  This doesn't have to be done in what my sons call "girly stuff".  Think tea stained or black  muslin and Halloween decor or white cheese cloth and greenery for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment