Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

birthday gift

 I have a friend who loves red.  She really, really loves red.  She has the coolest red kitchen you will ever see (after 5 coats of paint)  For her birthday I wanted to make something that showed off this love of red, was useful and I could use my Cricut on.  I decided to make a set of note cards she could have for business or personal use.
I started be cutting cream card stock and some scrapbook papers into 5X10" and had these lovely strips leftover.  You'll have to wait for another blog entry to see what I do with those.
I've been wanting to try  the product Glimmer Mist, but you know me cheap, cheap, cheap.  So I put some metallic acrylic paint into a small spray bottle and added about 3X the amount of water to paint, shook it well and gave it a try.  It worked great, so I sprayed a few cards withe the mist.
After everything was dry I started adding fabric, scrap papers, vintage papers I printed on the computer, cut outs, buttons, glitter and a few crocheted and silk flowers
 I worked in layers letting things dry between wax paper with a heavy book on them.
I almost always make multiples of things when I craft.  It just seems like it takes as much time to make 10 or 20 of something as it does 1.
The Cricut is a wonder machine and makes the little cutouts a breeze.  The 3rd and 4th photos are close ups of
2 of the cards. The bottom is the series of 10.  I'll make envelopes on the Cricut cut to size and tie them all up with ribbon.  I think my friend will love them.

Did you see the sneak peak of what I did with the strips of leftover card stock?

  


No comments:

Post a Comment