Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, August 25, 2011

candle block redo

 I saw a picture in Somerset Home  magazine of something
similar so I decided to redo my primitive candle block to go into my bathroom I just redecorated.
Before the 4X4 block was stained dark, the tart tins were left natural and there were white berries wrapped around the cup.  I painted 2 coats of cream onto the block and the outside of the cups  I painted the inside of the cups buff.  Let everything dry overnight, then sand back the edges to give a worn look to the piece.  I brushed on and wiped off  antiquing stain.  I cut the letters on my Cricut although you could use a stencil or free hand it.  The other side has a graphic from  http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com  I applied the letters and cut out with Mod Podge and added another coat when the first was dry.  Pop in tea lights and wrap the berries around if you want.  It's sitting on the shelf above the toilet in the newly decorated bathroom.  That reveal is coming soon.
Always take a second or third look at your accessories before getting rid of them.  There are usually simple changes you can make to give them a new look.

No comments:

Post a Comment