Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, August 5, 2011

almost instant decorating

I've never bothered with coasters before, but my parents gave us a beautiful leather top coffee table and the least little bit of moisture leaves a mark.  Now you know me, I'm not going to go out and buy a set of coasters, so here's what I came up with.  These are  tart tins I bought at a RS six for a .25. I thought I would decorate them as Christmas ornaments but changed my mind.  Cans and glasses fit great and no more marks on the table. 
Open your eyes and your mind to what you already have.  Just because something was made for one purpose doesn't mean it can't be used for something else.  What would you use a tart tin for?
Does anyone even make tarts anymore?

No comments:

Post a Comment