Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, August 29, 2011

bathroom redo

 This is the bathroom off the guest bedroom I redid a while back.  They needed to coordinate, so this had to be done.  This is a tiny room, 5X8 and the only full bath in the house.  It was still OK just tired.  In its former life it was bright yellow.  I used the same pale aqua paint as the GBR and touched up the white trim.

Rubber ducky, this doesn't have to be a serious room, have some fun.



Painted the mirror.  Hung it and a shelf over the toilet.  An electric candle and wooden candle box and interest.


New trash can.  Who says you can't use a bucket?


Medicine cabinet over sink.  I think I'll add a solid piece off wood over the cutouts so you can't see the clutter.  Who wants to look at your bandaids and heartburn meds?


Lower part of the shelf over toilet.  Hand towel, Kleenex and extra TP.  I don't believe in TP holders since no one in the house can refill them but me.  I think if you're born with testosterone it makes you incapable of doing chores like this.

The final room, light, bright and uncluttered.
 I really splurged on this room.  The grand total was $25.00.  Why so much?  The light fixture in a post coming soon required $4 in electrical parts, 2 aqua hand towels $6 .   I went whole hog and bought a new shower curtain for $15.  This is only the second time in 40 years I've bought a decorative shower curtain.  Mostly I use liners and make a curtain, usually out of sheets.
  Now if I can just get AH to keep his grungy hands off of it when he goes to shower.  I told him to use his elbow to push it back with.  He growled at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment