Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

fruit salsa

I made this as an  appetizer the first time for my girlfriend party.  Everyone loved it and insisted it go on the blog.
Here's what you need:
2 limes
1# strawberries
2 kiwi
2 peaches
2 apples
3T of fruit preserves, any flavor.  I used  black cherry
1/4C brown sugar
1 small jalapeno pepper seeded and finely diced(optional)

Zest and juice the limes. hull and chop the strawberries, peel and chop the peaches, apples and kiwi.
I put he apples and peaches in the lime juice  first to make sure they were covered  so they wouldn't darken.  Add the rest of the ingredients and chill before serving.  You could substitute almost any fruit you wanted.  Serve with cinnamon chips.

Cinnamon chips

10 flour tortilla shells 10"
1/4C butter
1/4C cinnamon sugar

Melt the butter and brush lightly over the shells,1 side only, sprinkle with the sugar mix. Cut each shell into 6 pieces.   Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with oil spray and bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes.  Cool, I baked mine ahead of time but had a hard time keeping them crisp.  Just do it right before serving.


There were no left overs so I don't know how it would store.

No comments:

Post a Comment