Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Shirt apron

My sister saw something like this on Pinterest and wanted one.  While I was visiting my folks we found a few shirts at a thrift store and decided to experiment.  We looked at  a couple of tutorials and got to work.  They were easy and quick.  We put together 4 in about 3 hours.  That time included a couple of long breaks and plenty of chatter.  It's lots more fun to craft with someone else the ideas for how to do it next time kept flowing.  We all thought they turned out great.  I think I'll find some smaller shirts and do this with my grand daughters when they come in a couple of weeks.


Mens long sleeve shirt, size large or extra large


cut off the sleeves and back close to the seams leaving the collar attached


You should have a piece that looks like this.  Keep it buttoned up it's easier to work with.


Cut a diagonal line from the armpit to the collar.  Fold this over press and stich.


Cut bias strips 4" wide from the back of the shirt, piece together.  We used 2 pieces for each tie.  Sew into a tube, turn right sides out and press  Attach and reinforce where you ended your stiching on each side.

We met my sis at the flea market and had to get a picture of us modeling our creations.



1 comment:

  1. Love the aprons and you girls look like you are having a great time. Great idea!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete