Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Family visit

A friend and I spent the last week in Ft Wayne visiting my parents and sister. Yes it's a long trip but I feel so blessed to still have both of my folks, helathy and mostly in their right minds.  Kathy, who went with me, has lost both of her parents.  she enjoyed being spoiled by my Mom and teased by my Dad.  We had a great time doing a whole lot of nothing.  With temps hovering in the 100's we would make our forays into town during the morning, come back to the house, lunch, maybe nap, crafted and visited.  We hit several thrift shops, craft stores and other favorite haunts.  It was a lazy way to spend a few days.  At home I always have a to-do list that is never ending and I'm always on the go.  It's nice to just chill out and forget that list for a while.  We are all so busy we forget to take the time to really enjoy oursewlves.


Mom and Dad


Diva had a doggie spa day, shapoo,cut and pedicure.  You could see her smile when she got back.


Paula and Bernie


the line-up


No comments:

Post a Comment