Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, July 30, 2012

BLT pasta

Just a quick note before I give you the recipe.  We are having major technical difficulties with our Internet service.  If there is not a new post on here M-F then the net is down and i can't publish.  Ain't technology grand?

This pasta reminds me in some ways of spaghetti carbonara.  Everyone who ate it last week loved it.
16oz penne or ziti cooked aldente and drained
1# bacon cooked very crisp and crumbled
1 leek cleaned and chopped fine.  Ok I didn't have any leek either, so I used an onion
3 cloves minced garlic or 11/2 tsp garlic powder if you don't have fresh
2C chicken broth
1 can diced tomatoes
4oz cream cheese cubed
1 1/2C chopped fresh tomatoes
1 1/2C fresh parmesan grated
Salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to taste
Leave about 1T of bacon dripping in the pan and cook leek or onion and garlic until soft.  Add chicken broth and caned tomatoes and bring to a simmer.  Add the cream chees and stir until meted.  Add seasonig, pasta(I didn't use all the cooked pasta but about 3/4 of it), bacon and fresh tomatoes and heat through.  Serve with lots of grated parm.

No comments:

Post a Comment