Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

chair bench

I have had several people ask me how I made this little bench.  It's really easy, so I thought I would share.  You will need 2 or 3 wooden chairs.  They do not have to match but they do have to be the same seat height.  Painting the chairs before you put them together is a good idea.  Screw the seats together, using drywall screws, side to side.  Measure the length and depth of the seat of the chairs and buy enough 1X wood to cover.  You will need at least 2 pieces but if you have more and want a slatted look that's OK too.  You will want the sides of the wood to be a little wider than the seats for overhang, so buy your boards about 6" longer than your chairs.  Most lumber stores will cut these to length for a small charge or even free.  Paint these boards and screw them to the chairs from the underside.  touch up your paint and accessorize.


this bench was orriginally black but got the aqau treatment this spring


No comments:

Post a Comment