Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

new headboard

I have had these french doors for a couple of years.  I bought them at the end of a rummage sale for $10 thinking they would replace our swinging doors into our guest bedroom.  Helpful hint: take measurements with you when you're out shopping.  They didn't fit so it took a while to come up with a new use.  This is what I came up with, a headboard for the guest room.  To make them we first cut 6" from the bottom.  Priming and 3 coats of paint came next.  When we got them into the house we attached mending plates to the back in the center, top and bottom.  A piece of decorative trim and a shelf finished to project.  I do think I'll add a piece of quarter round on the shelf just to keep anything I might prop up there from falling off.  My parents are the next scheduled people to sleep there and I wouldn't want them to get clunked in the head.  The granddaughters helped make the bed in a very creative out of the box way.

No comments:

Post a Comment