Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, July 16, 2012

metal tags

I wanted some metal tags for a project I'm working on.  Of course I couldn't find any in my stash and the local hardware store didn't have a thing I could use.  I started looking on the internet and fould something I could go off of and went for it.  They were easy and quick, just be careful the metal is SHARP!!


draw simple shapes and cut them out


draw the shapes on the print side of a soda can you have cut off the top and bottom of just use regular kitchen scissors


cutr out shapes, crumple them up in your hand  little if you want them to have an old look and add some antiquing stain to the edges


this stamping set came from Harbor Freight and were really cheap, you could probably find them at any big box store

my first attempt not perfect but not too bad, I also poked a hole with a small nial at the top and bottom
Now my tags are ready to use in crafting or used as gift tags.  Next time I think I would lightly draw some guide lines for the stamps, but slightly off center says me.

No comments:

Post a Comment