Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, August 1, 2011

tomato and cucumber salad

This is a Midwest classic, with my twist on it.  When the tomatoes are ripe there is nothing that says summer quite as well.
Here's what you need:

tomatoes 2--3
cucumber no need to peel it if it's out of the garden
onion
vinegar I use cider vinegar
olive oil
salt and pepper
 Chop all the vegies into about 1/2 chunks, except dice the onion fine.  I used 3 small tomatoes, 1 large cucumber and about 1/4 of the onion.  I love raw onion but it doesn't love me.  .
Add about 1/4C of vinegar and 2-3T of oil.  Measurements are not important in this recipe just how it tastes, add salt and pepper.  This is even better if you let it sit for a few hours and serve at room temp.  Ice cold does not do good things for tomatoes.
Another heat wave is covering Illinois again, stay cool and check on your elderly neighbors and outdoor pets often.

No comments:

Post a Comment