Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

garden table

I once had a bird bath that had rusted through.  The base and stand were still in good shape so it was not going in the trash.  AH had already put it there.  You would think after 40 years he'd know better.
 I bought a 14" pizza pan for under $4.00 primed and painted both pieces.  I used a rusty red primer and flat black paint letting some of the primer show through.  This gives the piece the look of age and rust.  I then cut a 6" piece of wood  narrow enough to slide into the pipe of the stand.  I screwed (use  flat screws) the wood to the pizza pan and dropped it into the stand.  New table.
Always try to look at things in a new way instead of throwing them in the trash.  It helps you and our beautiful earth.  At the very least put it on freecycle, I'll be lurking there.

No comments:

Post a Comment