Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

brown sugar coffee cake

I only make this when I have company coming or I'm taking it somewhere else.  If I left it all in my kitchen I'd make my blood sugar skyrocket.
Here is what you need:

I pkg of frozen dinner roll dough
1 lg pkg vanilla instant pudding
1 stick butter melted(no substitutes it won't taste the same)
1/2C brown sugar
2-3T milk
Spray a bundt pan or angel food cake pan with vegtable spray.
Mix the butter, pudding, sugar and milk to make a thin paste you don't want it runny but still pourable.
Put 12 of the rolls in the bottom of the pan, top with
 half the sugar mix.  Add 12 more dough balls and
the rest of the sugar mix.
Bake according to the pacakge directions on the dough. 
The one I use is 350 for 25-30 minutes.  The cake should
be golden brown and crusty.  Cool at least 30 minutes
and remove from pan.  When it cools completly you can store
leftovers(yeah right) in a zip top bag.
 The rolls I use come 36 to a pack so I grease my cup cake
pan and add the rest of the rolls.  Bake according to
directions.  Ta-da dinner rolls for supper that night.


No comments:

Post a Comment