Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

easy chicken salad

 I always keep roasted chicken in the freezer for quick lunches or dinners.  You can buy roasted chickens at the grocery store and remove the meat or roast your own.  Just lay pieces on a greased cookie sheet, sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder and a little olive oil.  Pop in to oven set at 425 until cooked through.  I use breast pieces and they take about 25 minutes.  Now for the chicken salad.
Here's what you need:

Cooked chicken about I used 2 breast for this recipe.  It will make 6-7 decent size sandwiches.
2 hard boiled eggs
1/2 of a diced onion
2 ribs of celery(optional )
1/2C sweet relish
1T mustard
1T mayonnaise
Chop the chicken, eggs, onion and celery  I usually just dump everything into a zip top bag, mixing bowl and storage all in one.
Add the relish and mustard to taste.  Add just enough mayo to moisten.  Mayo is one of the few foods that I absolutely hate so I  put in as little as possible.  If I have sour cream or plain yogurt I substitute with that.  If you make your sandwich with whole grain bread and add sliced tomatoes you have a healthy and yummy lunch or dinner.  Just go light on the potato chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment