Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, July 29, 2011

guilt free chocolate mousse

It's no secret I love chocolate.  As a diabetic I have to curb my desire for chocolate every day(sigh), so I am always looking for ways to feed the chocolate monster within.  This isn't quite as good as a full sugar and fat version but if you put a bowl in front of me I guarantee it will be gone in seconds.
here's what you need:

2 boxes sugar free/fat free chocolate pudding mix.  I use the cooked kind because I like the taste better, but I won't tell if you use instant.
4C low fat milk
1 8oz container of sugar free Cool Whip
1 Hershey bar grated (hey I said guilt free not perfect)  I have to hide these if I want them for a recipe.  AH can search out a candy bar like he has radar.
If you are doing the cooked pudding, prepare according to the package directions, press a piece of wax paper to the top of the pudding and cool completely.  If using instant  prepare according to directions and let it set up.
Once your pudding is ready carefully fold in about 3/4 of the Cool Whip, plop into pretty glasses or eat it from the bowl.  Top with a dollop of the remaining topping and add a sprinkle of the grated Hershey bar.  YUM!
You can also put this in a graham cracker crust and freeze it for a quick frozen desert.  This is also great with banana pudding if you cut up bananas in it, it could count as a fruit serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment