Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, July 1, 2011

My first blog

This is it.  My very first of  many blog entries.  My vintage cottage had its first glimmers of life years ago when blogging first took off.  Family and friends have frequently suggested I start a blog.  I really think they were trying to tell me I'm very opinionated.  Now I'm finally taking their idea to heart. 
I love to create new things from something old, play in my garden, junking for new treasures, garage saleing and cooking healthy(most of the time)
I really hope to inspire, teach a little and have loads of fun while sharing my slightly quirky(OK weird) and creative life.  So I hope you'll come back to my little house in Illinois often to see what's happening next.



The pic at the right is a found clay pedestal, maybe a gazing ball holder in a previous life, with a rusty enamel pan filled with leftover petunias.   All most instant decorating.  The boxes on either side were store sorting bins, but with holes drilled in the bottoms work great as planters.









This is the front yard shot of our vintage cottage.  Built in 1903  as a wedding gift for the daughter of the dentist who lived next door.  It's undergone many renovations through the years.  Indoor plumbing came in the 20's or 30's, electricity about WW1.  We added the front room and the sun room and renovated the kitchen in the 70's.   The patio and pergola were added 2 years ago.  We've lived here for over 30 years.  Being a military brat, I never lived anywhere more than a couple of years.  My kids will probably have to drag me out of here kicking and screaming, unless I'm dead, then it's a short trip down to the end of the block to the funeral home.

No comments:

Post a Comment