Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

garden time



OWWW, I've spent the last few early mornings out working in the garden. I can barely move.  I love to garden, but this summer I have been very negligent about caring for things the way I think I should.  Out of town several times, family fun and visiting grand kids have all added up to less time.  The biggest culprit to garden neglect has to be the heat.  It's hard to get out side anytime except the crack of dawn and the the humidity has been ridiculous.  I know excuses, excuses.
I thought I'd share some of my garden spots today.

The first pic is the secret garden.  Two chairs inside my small gazebo.  When the grape vines are fully out (these pics were taken in June) you care barely see in there.  My grand kids love to go in and have tea parties or eat Popsicles.







This is a seating area under the last hard maple tree on the property, there use to be seven.  It's hundreds of years old and dying on the inside. this is a great spot for roasting marshmallows or taking a break on a hot afternoon.

 An old trike among the hostas.  I love unexpected surprises in the garden.



The bottom picture is a RS metal chair with the seat removed and an enamel pan, rusty holes already there for drainage.  It's stuffed full of begonias and coleus.  There is another chair just like it filled with white begonias.  I think I paid $5 for the pair of chairs and love the way they look.  This is almost instant garden decorating.  Always take a second look at things when your at GS or thrift stores, you never know what you'll find to use in the garden.
Another  wave of HOT sticky air is sitting on the Midwest.  Try to keep cool. Be safe and enjoy what you can in your garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment