Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, July 8, 2011

new toy

In the words of Elton John, "I'm so excited and I just can't hide it.  I'm about to loose control and I think I like it."
 I got a new toy this week.  It's something I've wanted for years, since they first came out.  No guesses?  It's a Cricut Expression.  Now I rarely but anything new except socks and undies, unless it's deeply on sale, so you know I really, really, really wanted this.  I did wait til it was on sale, and  now it's here.  I feel like a little kid at Christmas!  In case you aren't a crafter, a Cricut is a cutting machine.  It works with a cartridge that has a program of designs with hundreds of options.  You just pick what you want, select the size and tell the machine to cut.  I've already played with it, trying to learn how everything works. I'm not a scrapbooker, but I do a great deal of crafting with papers.  This machine is amazing.  My techno geek, AH thinks it's awesome.  If I have it out when he's around he's right there checking it out.  I tried to bid for several cartridges on EBay, but was not successful.  I did find great prices on Amazon with none of the bidding stuff that aggravates me when I loose at the last second.  Patience is not one of my virtues.  Most of the cartridges on Amazon ran $20-25.  Not bad when the list prices are $69-89.  I'll share some of my projects when I get finished.  Several ideas are already mulling around in my brain.


On a more somber note, please keep two of my teacher friends in your prayers.  One father's daughter had to have a heart transplant last week (she's doing well) and one mother's son has just been diagnosed with leukemia.  As a parent I can hardly imagine the stress these young families are under.  I can't think of anything worse than having your child sick, being helpless to change what is happening and wishing you could take their place.

No comments:

Post a Comment