Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, July 15, 2011

crazy people

I'm pretty sure we could be considered certifiable when you hear of our plans for the weekend.  We are going camping.  Not so bad with a queen size bed, AC, a potty and running water.  We are taking all three sons(citified all of them) assorted wives and 5 grand kids ages 2-12.  They are all going to be sleeping in a tent.  That's meals, snacks, clothes,bug spray, towels and activities for 13 people.  Now do you think we're crazy?  I have bubbles, squirt guns(I get the biggest one in self defense), water balloons, a quilt square project for the kids on Sat and they will probably go into town to the pool in the PM.  There are trails to walk and a playground nearby, that should take care of the first hour or two. 
We've divided up the cooking, I'm doing pasta salad and garlic bread tonight.   It's already made and in the frig.  Bacon and eggs and coffee cake for breakfast Saturday.  Brats and burgers for dinner and pancakes and smokie links for breakfast Sunday.  And smores, and fruit, and cookies and juice boxes, and water bottles and chips, and candy bars.  The adults eat a lot, the kids want to snack all the time.  Did I mention it's gong to be in the 90's?  See I told you we were crazy, because we will love it every sticky hot demanding minute of it.  I'll post pics Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment