Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

choclate covered strawberries


I love chocolate and I love strawberries.  Add the two together and BLISS.

Here's what you need:
1 quart strawberries washed, hulled and dried.  I can't emphasize this enough, if the berries aren't dry they will mess up the chocolate.
1 cup chocolate chips I use semi sweet, but use what you like
1T shortening I f you don't have shortening you can use butter or oil.  Don't use margarine, that water thing again.
Wax paper
Melt the chips and shortening in a microwave or over a double boiler.  I just use the glass cup I measure in.  Start with 1 minute, stir, then in 30 seconds bursts until melted.
Using a skewer or two forks dip the berries, then place on the paper to dry.  There is wax paper on the counter it just doesn't show.  You don't have to cover the whole berry.  Make a puddle with the remaining chocolate to sneak later.
Store in the frig if they aren't devoured first.
These are also great with white chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment