Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

running salad

Yeah it's just my take on gazpacho, but when the people insist they can't eat soup in July just call it running salad.
Here's what you will need:

2 tomatoes
1/2 of a sweet onion
2 small or 1 large cucumber
2 cloves garlic smashed
1 48oz jar vegetable blend juice
salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste

Chop the vegies and garlic about 1/4"-1/2" pieces.  I've tried this in the food processor and it mushes it up too much.  Add to the juice and add seasonings, be sure to season liberally.  Chill for a couple of hours to blend flavors.  I usually let people add their own hot sauce since all of our tastes vary.  I usually take this out of the frig a little before serving, I don't like it ice cold.  This is great served with a simple omlet or grilled cheese.  For a  adult only version, add a shot of vodka to each serving, kind of a cocktail, appetizer and soup all in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment