Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

steak salad aka. leftovers from the grill salad


This is a very loose recipe.  Add what you like and have lurking around the frig.

steak 6-8oz
cucumber
vadalia onion
tomato
corn on the cob (or use a can or frozen, I won't tell)
vinegar
olive oil
salt, pepper, garlic powder

Chop the meat and vegies into about 1/2" pieces, cut corn off the cob,  toss in a bowl with the vinegar and oil and seasonings.  Don't worry about measuring this ,but I use about 2-4T of each the vinegar and oil, do the seasonings to taste.  Feel free to add or subtract any ingredients for what you like.  This is also great with chicken.  Add some warm bread and dinner is served.
The reason I call this leftovers from the grill salad is that's what I used the first time I made this, just a happy accident.  Now I cook extra on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment