Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

aniversary

Forty-one years ago today I married the love of my life.  We were, young, dumb and poor.  Sometimes it feels like yesterday, some days it seems like twice that long.  Anyone who has been married a long time knows how hard it is to keep a marriage working without loosing your mind or your temper.  When I've been asked how to stay married many years the best advice I can give is to have a very long memory of the good things and a very short memory of the bad.  Not always the easiest thing to do.  Tell your spouse you love them every day.  Try to make them never regret staying.  Marriage is not a 50/50 deal  It takes 100% from both of you.
Today we will celebrate with a steak dinner and small gifts.  We're taking a vacation soon as our gift to each other.

2 comments:

  1. It seems worrying to me that how many problems you both have faced and still together. I would love to know that anniversary gifts for her did you buy.

    ReplyDelete