Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Saying goodbye


 The 90 year old high school where I work will be torn down at the end of the school year.  I'm sorry to see an old building go, but it is time.  To comemorate the occasion the town organized a memorial tour and service for all the graduates and families.  So many people came you could barely walk through the halls.  I didn't go to school here but my kids, husband, in laws, mother and father in law and their parents all went here.  After spending 13 years teaching in this building I feel a touch of sadness to see it go.  When I go to work tomorrow it will probably be my last day there.  Although that is sad, I can't wait to see and work in the new building that's been built.  Best of all it is air conditioned.  If you ever spent ime in the old school with 25+ students when it was close to 100 degrees in the room, you can really appreciate progress.


This school was built in 1921 and has served the community well


Time for one last pictue on the steps of Andy class of 1966


My MIL made it  almost to the end of finding the oldest person there.  She's still young at heart and climbed all those stairs better than I do.  Class of 1943




No comments:

Post a Comment