Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

kitchen stool redo

 I had just made the statement to AH that I was on a quest for new bar stools for the kitchen.  In one of their daily rampages through the house the kitties had knocked over the wooden stools and broken them.  The very first rummage sale I pull up to, the very first thing I see is this set of 3 stools.  Yes, the seats needed replacing and the frames were in need of a coat of paint but the price of .50 each was perfect.  I shouted I'll take them before I looked at another thing.  I drug them home, removed the seats, cleaned and painted them, had AH cut down the legs and I recovered the seats.  Yea! new destructive kitty proof stools.

Before


They needed new seats.  An easy job just turn them over unscrew the seats and rip off the yucky stuff.  Note the 50 cent sticker.


Striped down

Painters tarp, washed and laid out in the yard.


I mixed up some leftover tie dye colors and dripped the mix from a paint brush in a random patters.


Funky and weird, just like me.



Recovered seats.  You just staple onto the back of the wooden round and trim off the excess fabric.
I did add new foam from an unused mattress pad because what was there was dirty and broken down.  Most of the time you won't even have to do that before recovering a seat cushion. 
The stools were a little tall for our counter so AH cut them down with a hacksaw.  Remember measure twice cut once.  We also added rubber feet covers so they wouldn't scratch the wood floor.
Total cost less than $5.00 for chairs, rubber feet covers and paint.  I already had everything else.
With a little work you can make something that isn't quite right into something that is perfect for your needs.

1 comment: