Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

blogging for dollars

 
goats milk soap

sugar scrub, the brown sugar/orange is my favorite

When I started blogging I did give some thought to making the blog profitable if it was a success.  Of course at the time I had no clue what that might be and figured I'd work on it in a year or so. Well you know what they say about the best laid plans.  When somethings whacks you upside the head it's time to listen.  My very smart  brother, who's job is   helping small businesses, suggested I find something to sell after the first couple of weeks of blogging.  Soon after my friend, KathyC(now partner) and I started talking about turning the hand crafted soaps and lotions we had made last Christmas into a business. .  Before you know it we were looking up laws and regulations, searching the Internet, scoping out similar products, shopping(my favorite part)stirring up products and scratching our heads at all we didn't know about starting a business.  Now I think we were ready to put up or shut up.  Our friends and family are really tired of listening to us and testing countless samples. 
lavender scrub soap

no talc 100% natural dusting powder

So without any more noise here it is: Vintage Cottage Beauty.  There is a link here on the blog which will take you directly to our Etsy shop.  We are offering a line of luxury quality soaps, lotions, powder and scrubs that are mostly natural with as few artificial ingredients and preservatives as we can possibly make them.  We have lots of exciting products coming soon like massage lotions, milk baths and bath fizzies.  We are also working on gift bags, customized orders and special products for kids and men.  I don't know how we even sleep our brains are so full.  One of our biggest features will be our customizing.  If you have a shower, family gathering, wedding or special event, we will work with you to customize the products, colors and wrappings to coordinate with your event.  So please check us out, let us know your ideas and keep in touch.  We value your opinions and ideas more than you know.

  I have always disliked blogs that only promote what the blogger is selling.  I promise I will not do that.  I'll feature the business occasionally but will keep the same crafting, decorating, cooking and gardening projects that I've always written about  the main subjects of this blog..

body butter, absolute heaven

solid lotion, your scaly parts will cheer

pineapple sage/lemon scrub soap


No comments:

Post a Comment