Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

hamziti

When I asked AH what he wanted for his Father's Day dinner, he told me to surprise him.  My first thought was reservations, but since he had to work that night I came up with this.  It's a variation on something I saw on TV with my own twist to it.
1# chunk of ham cut in cubes
3 carrots
1 onion
3 stalks celery
6-8 mini sweet peppers
2 clove garlic
1 can diced tomatoes
olive oil
dice everything and cook in 2-3T olive oil until tender salt and pepper to taste
In a separate pan cook 1# ziti 3-4 minutes less than the package says and drain
While the pasta cooks melt 1/4C butter and add 1/4C flour cook for a few minutes then add 2C milk heat until thickened
Add fresh grated Parmesan cheese to taste I used about 1C Add the sauce and cheese to the pasta and mix
Layer pasta and ham mixture into a 9X13 greased pan and top with additional cheese.  Bake 350 30-45 minutes.  it should be bubbly and crispy on top.  Plenty of leftovers. 



1 comment:

  1. Made this today for mom and dad. It was fabulous. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete