Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, June 1, 2012

VCB

The most fun part of running a beauty product business is trying out new things and tinkering with recipes.  I usually start with an idea.  Then I search for something similar on the Internet or one of my books.  It may take 3-4 or more trys to get something I like.  Then I pass it on to Kathy and friends or family as a trial.  After several more tests and careful calculation we can then decide if it's a product we want to try to sell.  This can take months and many trials(see tinted lip balm continuing saga) and most things don't make it.  Something I've been working on this spring and summer is a body splash to coordinate with our scrubs and soap.  This is one of the recipes I've been working with. 
1oz distilled water
60 drops EO
1/2tsp glycerin
Mix everything together.  Because this does not contain emulsifiers it will have to be shaken before each use.
This is another recipe I've been tinkering with
3oz vodka
1oz distilled water
60-90 drops EO
Some of the oils I've been using are cucumber, orange, lemon, sage, fairy dust(fresh berries, my grand daughters love) and one called farmers market which is mix of  fresh flowers and garden products.
What kind of scents do you like for summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment