Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, June 11, 2012

book making

It's no secret, I love books.  It is my biggest vice in life.  I spend tons of money and time on books and  my house is full of them.   I had the opportunity last weekend to take a book making class with two former art teachers.  There were 10 of us and we all had a great time.  There is no better way to appreciate the art of something than to make it yourself.  We worked on several different kinds of books including basic lacing, pop ups and accordion.  With today's automation book making is easy, but think how much effort it was before machines.  It's no wonder people cherished all books.  Most household would have had a Bible and maybe one other volume, to be read over and over.


instructor Pat





lacing, getting those holes through the boards and paper was the most difficult part.


I'm glad I'm not the only creative person who is very messy


hand painted painters tarp covering a photo album



surprise it's an accordion book

No comments:

Post a Comment