Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

salvaged treasure

As I've mentioned before our local high school will be torn down sometime this summer.  It breaks my heart that all of the old architectural things will be removed from the community or go down with the building.  This piece was in the principals office, when I asked about it, I was told it was just a piece of junk and I could have it if I could get it out.  It was backless and attached to the wall but with a pry bar and AH's help we did get it out.  We added a back of luan and cleaned it up.  It still needs a little work on the side and some paints drips removed, but I think it looks great.  I'm using it to sore all my crystal and glass ware.  Several people have seen it in the last week and no one can believe the school district is letting such treasures go.
I've been asked wht luan is.  It is a 4X8 sheet of 1/4" wood that makes great backs for furinture as well as for many other craft projects.  Most big box stores carry it and will cut it in half to fit in your car if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment