Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

cabinet redo

I've been told that if you stand still long enough at my house, I'll probably paint you.  Not too far from the truth.  I've had this little cabinet for several years.  It's been in the sun room and most recently in the hall. all the time in burgundy paint.  With all the moving around lately I decided to give it a new coat of paint and use it in the guest/storage room.  I always need more places to put my stuff.

In the kitchen ready for primer.  Always use a primer if you are going from very dark to a light color.  I don't usually paint in the house but it was 95 that day.


primer and the inside painted a contrasting color


finished cabinet notice the detail of the contrasting knobs


No comments:

Post a Comment