Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Zentangle

I had decided this summer to take on line drawing classes, not a success, I will always be a mediocre artist.  I did find something that I can enjoy called Zentangle.  All you need is paper and Sharpie markers.  Basically it is repetitive freehand doodling.  It does not have to represent anything and you make your mistakes look like they are suppose to be that way.  You work on a small scale and each drawing takes very little time.  If you do it right you should reach a Zen state of relaxation that helps clear your mind and increase your creativity.  I can't say I'm there yet, but I do enjoy the practice.  You can go to zentanglepatterns.com if you want more information.  Here are just a few of my beginning projects.

very first project



this is four different tangles

Don't be afraid to try something new.  Even if you aren't very good you might find something to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. They are beautiful! My favorite is the flower

    ReplyDelete