Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, September 30, 2013

wedding time

Last Saturday the sky was so blue it almost looked computer enhanced.  The day was sunny and warm, perfect for a wedding in Hilllsdale, Mi.  Our neighbors daughter, Brenna, who we have know since birth, was getting married.  Since it was close to my parents we decided to take a couple of days away and do a visit and a wedding.  I think the last wedding we went to was our son's six years ago.  We dressed in our finest, including for me a dress, pumps and panty hose, (I know all my friends are cracking up about now) and headed north.  All weddings are beautiful but this one was especially nice.  Friends and family all pitched in to make it just lovely with many home made touches that made it uniquely Brenna and Jasons.  What an privilege it was to be included.

simple small town church

bride and groom

book page cones filled with lavender to throw at the couple

'62 Caddy to escape in

table decorations of oil lamps, books(she's a librarian), tea cups with succulents, pumpkins and caramel apples as favors


the brides little brother John

The brides Mom was as beautiful as her daughter
bride and groom


John and Greta, parents of the bride

Daddy daughter dance

We had a table full from our area.  Pam and Larry

Mike and Brenda


Lee and JR

Andy and I
A wonderful start to a long and happy life together.

1 comment:

  1. I've seen a few pictures and it was really beautiful from what I saw. Brenna made such a beautiful bride.

    ReplyDelete