Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, September 16, 2013

gourd time

Every pumpkin patch and corn maze place I have been to has a section of dried gourds to purchase.  They just take the left over gourds and put them in a warm dry place for the next year.  You can do the same thing with the fresh pumpkins you buy this year.  Expect some rotting, holes and other defects, only use things with hard shells, but you will be surprised how well most of them turn out  You can pile them in baskets and crocks and strew them around mums and asters outside.  When they are dry you can scrub off the outer skin with warm water and a scrubby, let them dry and them paint how ever you like.  My favorites this year are the metallics.  I have put them on top of bottles and vases and used small bowls as pedestals.  Just some thing a little different to add to my fall decorations.



No comments:

Post a Comment