Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, September 2, 2013

junking finds

I usually limit my junking funds to $20-30 for a big rummage sale weekend, I rarely spend that much but sometimes the stars and planets are aligned  just right and I hit several sales with great items and even better prices.  This was one of those weekend at our city wide  rummage sale.  Here are just a few of my great purchases, none over $5.00.
unopened frames, silver tray, stamps, table runner, purple balls

crystal lamp, green candle sticks, cool little table, maybe I'll paint it black, distress and replace knobs

close up of table

brass fly, it's really an ash tray, rose bowl and a pair of bobeches with prisms for 50 cents

a giant brass urn, it's big enough to hold everyone in the family's ashes if  we all decided on cremation.  I can hear the groans of my kids now!

three tier display stand for VCB, two silver trays and off in the corner a vintage copper match box
along with an old spindle
two wood frames, two wood boxes and tow chunky candle sticks

fun purple bottle

My prize of the week end.  Can you guess what it is?  It's a glass and lead city street light shade.  It's at least 24" tall and heavy as can be.  I have been looking for one of these for several years.  I paid $3.00 SCORE!!!

You just have to keep your eyes and mind open to find the treasures in all the junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment