Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, October 19, 2012

VCB

I followed the local craft show circuit in the late 70's-80's-90's including plenty of outdoor fairs.  I knew I hated them, this just reminded me how much.  I am much older, wiser and crankier than I was back then.
The fall weather here has been gorgeous, until last weekend when Kathy and I had scheduled our first and possibly last outdoor show.  The day before it had poured rain for hours which left everything a muddy mess.It was 35 when we got there, shot up to a balmy 48 and stayed there with gale force winds most of the day.  We spent plenty of time trying to repair the wind damage to our booth.  We would just get things set back up and the wind would knock things over again.  We went home wind burned, stiff and sore from the cold.  I don't think arthritic bodies are meant to be abused in this way.  On the up side we did make money and received invitations to 3-4 more shows.  Our agreement is no more outdoor shows unless we have a three sided tent with electricity for a heater or fans.  Some times you just need reminders for why you don't do things anymore.  Sometimes you just need to be grateful for the better things in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment