Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

brigadeiro

I found this recipe in our local paper in an article about food from Brazil.  It looked so yummy I had to try it.  It's another one of those "give most of it away so you won't eat it all" kind of treats.  I think it would freeze well, but we didn't get that far.

6T unsweetened cocoa
2T butter
2 cans of sweetened condensed milk
1 jar chocolate sprinkles
In a heavy pan over medium heat mix everything except sprinkles and simmer until thickened about 10 minutes.  Stir constantly or it will burn.  Remove from heat and cool until you can handle.  Form into small balls and roll in sprinkles.  I'm thinking you could roll them in cocoa, powdered sugar or finely chopped nuts.
They are fabulous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment