Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

new old night light

I bought this lamp base at a rummage sale in a big pile for $10.  At first I was going to make into a glass sculpture or serving/display piece.  I changed my mind and turned it into a night light.  I took the lamp apart, cleaned it well, painted the base and added a LED night light.  then I glued the base to the hand painted globe.  There is a hole in the base where I can pull the socket out to change the bulb.  You can't really tell from the picture but it gives off a beautiful soft glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment