Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

balsamic tomatoes

It's almost the end of tomato season here, I hate to see them go.  A friend gave me a big bag of the last of her tomatoes.  They were small, less than 2" but perfectly red and ripe.

Wash, core and cut the tomatoes in wedges.  I used 7-8 small tomatoes, but use what you have and increase the oil and vinegar if you need to.  Add salt, pepper, 2T olive oil, 2T balsamic vinegar.  Allow to sit at room temperature at least an hour.  Top with fresh snipped basil if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment