Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, October 29, 2012

peanut crispies

The Pinterest version of these cookies is named "holycrapthesearegreatcookies"  I didn't think that was quite appropriate for the 4 and 7 year olds I was making them for so we named them peanut crispies.  Call them what you like they are wonderful.

1C white corn syrup
1C sugar
18oz peanut butter creamy or chunky that's up to you I used low sugar
6C Total or any other unsweatened flake cereal
1C semi sweet chocolate chips, you could use white or milk chocolate
1T shortening

Bring the sugar and syrup to a full boil and cook 2-3 minutes until the sugar is dissolved
Pour over flakes in a large bowl and mix until all the flakes are covered
Mound about 1T balls on parchment or wax paper and let cool
Melt chocolate and shortening and spread over cookies
Let cool hide them from the kids or they will be gone in minutes
Not the healthiest snack you could have but it does have all those vitamins and fiber in the Total so they are kinda healthy.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

horrible picture great cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment