Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Friday, October 12, 2012

initial frame

I saw something similar to this on Pinterest so I decided to make my own version.
Find an interesting frame, mine came from a garage sale for $1.00.  Clean it up and pounce on your paint.  I used whte, off white and tan. You want to leave some of the background color showing, let dry.
Make a pattern for you insert and cut out of foam core.  You could also use cardboard or luan.
Cut burlap 2" larger all around the size of insert.  I used spray glue to hold the burlap down but you could use any kind.  Be sure your insert fits the frame before covering.
Print a pattern for your letter off the computer and cut from foam core, cardboard or luan.
You could paint your letter but I decided to spray paint news paper black and paper mached it to the letter.  Let dry and then attach to the insert with hot glue.  Add a hanger and your done.  I ran a ribbon through the hanger on the back to hang mine on the door, but that is not necessary.


Here it is hanging on the kitchen door.  The hardest part of this project was waiting for the paint to dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment