Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

bath salts

Most people these days take showers instead of baths.  When I started making the slats I was marketing them as a scrub but more and more we are selling them as a soak for relaxation and sore muscles.
You can make a recipe that suits your special needs by varying the kinds of salts you use and the essential oils you choose.
There are recipes all over the web but the basic formula is Epsom salts for soreness, sea salts for their drawing properties, kosher salt for exfoliation and baking soda for it's skin softening.  When making the salts for sale I did aromatherapy research on the oils that best suited the properties I wanted each salt to have.  We mix ours with coconut oil for it's moisturizing and antibacterial abilities.
Mix up a batch of your own for yourself or gifts or call VCB and we can hook you up with our great Satin Skin Scrub and Soak.




No comments:

Post a Comment