Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Monday, October 7, 2013

soap leaves

I made these soap leaves for a recent show.  They are easy and if you don't go crazy, pretty quick.  I did 250 leaves in about 90 minutes.
You will need:
individual fabric leaves.  I bought mine from Dollar Tree 50 for $1
Clear glycerin soap base  Hobby Lobby with 40% coupon
Scented  oil of your choice  You can buy scented oils at craft and health food stores
The soap comes in cubes I used 8 to dip all 250 leaves melting half at a time.

Melt the soap over a double boiler or in the micro wave in a heat proof cup. Add scent. Dip the leaves pick up with tweezers, allow to drip off the excess, place on wax paper lined cookie sheets to dry.  Note that the red leaves tended to fade, coloring the soap, so if that bothers you do them last.  You might have to melt the soap again for a few seconds if it gets too thick to dip. If there is soap around the edges after they are dry just pull or cut it off.   l let them sit over night them packaged them 20 to a bag for $4.00  You can put them in a pretty bowl in your bathroom for guest to use.  You might want to add a little card that says: wash, rinse, toss so they know they are disposable. I think they would be beautiful as part of a tablescape or in chunky potpourri.  The leaves would also make a quick hostess gift or party favor.  For Christmas I think I'll do rose petals and holly leaves.




No comments:

Post a Comment