Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

dead end road

This is not my typical post but it was such an interesting experience I thought I'd share.  I was off to a decorating clients home on a beautiful sunny afternoon.  Now in my own defense I hadn't been to her house in 6-7 years and did start off in the right direction.  Any one who knows me realizes I'm severely directionally impaired.  I tour parking lots and get headed in the wrong direction A LOT.  I did start out right but turned one road too soon.  It didn't take long to realize I was not only on the wrong road but it was a dead end.  I had no choice but to keep going down this progressively narrowing road to find a place to turn around.  Finally at the end of the road there was a house and drive way.  Now typically in the country  if someone pulls into your drive while you're out, you go over see what's going on and chat for a few minutes. You'll probably  offer coffee or ice tea and asked the driver to come a sit a spell.   Not this place.  As I'm pulling into the drive an elderly, long haired, white bearded gentleman is hot footing towards his house from the direction of his swimming pool.  It didn't take long to realize that he had been enjoying the pool au natural and was running to his home with a blow-up swim ring on one side and what looked like swim fins on the other.  While running, he kept switching the placement of both coverings.  Now I have no problem with anyone doing their own thing in the all together, on their own property, but beware of the directionally challenged woman going the wrong way.
Of course I had to share with my client why I was late..  I'm not sure she can look her neighbor in the eye without giggling the next time she sees him.
Sorry no pictures it wasn't a pretty sight, just funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment