Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Saausage, biscuits and gravy

Biscuits and gravy are an easy, fast go to meal for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Here's what you need:
1# sausage
2T butter optional
2T flour
salt and pepper to taste
4C milk varies with how liquid you like your gravy.
Biscuits Make your own but I'll stick with Grands
Brown the sausage in a skillet until no longer pink
Add the flour and butter and cook for at least a minute.  The sausage I buy is so lean I need to use butter, if you have plenty of fat in the skillet use that instead.
Add the milk and simmer until thick and yummy.  Add S+P to taste/



Not the healthiest meal you can have but it's OK every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment