Pages

Welcome

Thanks for stopping by My Vintage Cottage. It's filled with recipes, decorating ideas, junking, crafting and garden projects.I hope you enjoy what you find and come back often.
A special thanks to justsomethingimade for the header.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Cheddar corn bread

I'm all for taking short cuts when you can especially when they turn out this good.

You'll need:
2 boxes of jiffy corn bread mix
Ingredients on the pkg which are an  egg and milk (double check I've slept since then)
1 can of corn drained
4oz of extra sharp cheddar cheese cut in 1/2 pieces
1 can chopped chillies optional
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
Grease a 9x13 baking pan
Mix up the corn bread per package instructions
Add the corn, chillies, cheese and mix in lightly
Bake according to package instructions
Let cool slightly and slather on butter til you feel guilty

I confess when I made this batch I didn't have the chillies so I upped the pepper flakes a little bit.  It was still great.  We ate it with  BBQ ribs and a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment